The tasty combination of vinegar infused with herbs is an especially pleasant and easy way to boost natural health processes, stimulate digestion, and get you nice and warmed up on cold days. Fire Cider can be taken straight by the spoonful or diluted in warm water, splashed in fried rice, or drizzled on a salad with good olive oil.
This is the basic recipe, but you can mix and match your ingredients depending on what you have available and what you like.
Adapted From Rosemary Gladstar
- 1/2 cup fresh grated organic ginger root
- 1/2 cup fresh grated organic horseradish root
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 10 cloves of organic garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 organic chilli peppers, chopped
- Zest and juice from 1 organic lemon
- 2 Tbsp. of dried rosemary leaves
- 1 Tbsp. organic tumeric powder
- organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of raw local honey, or to taste
Cut up all the ingredients and place in a sterilised litre jar and shake well. Put in a cool, dark place for at least two weeks, shaking the jar regularly. After 2-4 weeks, strain out the liquid in to a clean jar and stir in the honey to taste.